Till now, millions of Windows computers worldwide have infected in the last 48 hours due to the biggest ransom virus in history. Digital network of England’s entire medical system has been infected and has stopped till the operation of the hospital. The telecom company also has its victims. This malware has spread in at least 99 or more countries. The attack was the original target. The older version of Windows PC. Microsoft has already opened an emergency patched security patch.
If you are still an old Windows user (without Windows 10) then install this security update very soon.
What Is Ransomware?
The English word ‘rhinos’ means ransom. Ransomware is a harmful program or virus/malware that locks the file on the infected device and demands money to open that lock. WannaCrypt, also known as WannaCry. Has encrypted or locked millions of infected. PC files and asked to ransom $ 300 through secure payment online to open each PC’s files. It is not possible to identify who or who is receiving this money sent through Bitcoin.
If you do not give money, the virus is threatening to delete all files within the maximum of 3 days, the WinSCP virus or ransomware.
Microsoft provided security updates in March to resolve the one-way security that Windows OneCut is using. The PC users who have been attacking PC attacks may not have installed the MS17-010 security patch update for March, or are using all Windows versions of Microsoft Windows which are no longer supported. But now Microsoft has released this patches for unsupported Windows (XP, Vista).
If you are using Windows 10 PC, you are free from the possibility of this virus infecting by the virus, because Windows 10 OS has the protection against malware.
How It Spread
Minecraft is spread through the common methods used to spread ransomware or any other type of virus. One of the spam emails, torrents. Cyber attackers have downloaded the virus instead of downloading any useful files in email or online for misinformation users. After installing those files the virus has been activating.
The Steps That Can Follow
There is currently no decryption tool (unlocking method) or any other solution available for Wanaka, so users can follow the following protection measures for their own protection.
1. Update all the software on your computer. If you are supported but it uses older versions of Windows, please update the system soon or upgrade to Windows 10. If you are using unsupported Windows OS (XP, Vista) and Windows Server 2008 or any other older version of Windows. Then download and install Microsoft’s urgent patch.
2. Activate the firewall or if you are already active, then change the configuration of your firewall to block network or Internet SMB ports. TCP 137, 139 and 445 ports, and RandomWare works on UDP 137 and 138 ports.
3. close the SMB. Follow Microsoft’s steps to shut down SMB.
4. Keep your antivirus up-to-date. To protect against these latest threats, almost all security providers have updated their virus definitions so you also have to update.
5. Keep regular backups. Always give firm protection to all your important files. Create a good backup routine and you can save files in any portable storage that not always connect to your PC.
6. Be careful from phishing. Do not click without checking the sources of emails that you think will be suspicious.